Sunday, March 18, 2007

The endpoint of an ellipse.

After this post, I'm going to end this blog, and probably move on to another one. It's not that this blog holds too much grief for me, but something that William said just finally made its way home. I should look foward, not backward, and I should hold this sense of sadness with me everywhere. I guess I should remember happiness, and move along.

I wish I could have understood the meaning behind you spending a lot of time with me and cutting class and hanging outside the art room, when you were supposed to be inside. I wish I could have told you that you were an incurable romantic. I wish that that day when we went shopping, that I didn't storm out of the subway car because I was insanely jealous. I wish that day when you waved to me from the swim meet, I wasn't lying down, and was sitting up so I could actually wave back. I wish that that day you told me you had a girlfriend I didn't run away. I wish that in sophomore year, I actually talked to you more when you started opening up to more and more people. I wish that I could have thrown a basketball at you harder. I wish I could have been there for you, instead of being scared and looking from the sidelines.

But I don't regret waiting for you outside of both of your classes. I don't regret having you pull my hair, run away with my pencil case, my shoes, anything. I don't regret getting your textbook for you from your locker. I don't regret going to your swim meets. I don't regret laughing at you and arguing with you. I don't regret getting mad at you. I don't regret liking you.

Hi Kevin,
I miss you.

Love, Tiffany

No comments: