Saturday, October 28, 2006

The spontaneity of a reaction with opposing factors on both sides of the scale.

I've decided to revive this thing, complete with a new look, that for once, I haven't created myself, or stolen parts of it off another bewildering site (createblog.com? what? never heard of it). Its odd really. I feel my cynicism hasn't been lost, but while attending school, my manner of speech changes. However, recently, this biting sarcasm has inserted itself into my everyday speech, as well as my dry humor and such. I'd credit it to my sudden resurgence of past friendships, but who knows.
Regardless, I've become quite political now. Actually, with a passion and a fury now. I can't really attribute this to any one event, but am sure that somehow, it appeared at full steam when in AP US we started discussing the resurgence of political parties, and whether or not TJ was cooler than AH who had got himself killed with the same pistols his trigger happy son died with. Following this, I checked out two books from the library (heaven forbid the internet isn't a reasonable source), one a collection of primary documents from the time mentioned, and the other a book written by one Maureen Dowd, writer of the famed New York Times. Suddenly reminiscent of my prior Olivi liberal lets smoke pot in the hills of Vermont days, I religiously carried the book everywhere, including the train, the following AP Chinese test, and the horrid/wonderful volleyball tournament at Seward Park. Needless of say, my liberal roots were being continously fed (in addition to fertilizer provided by Mr. Sandler and Mr. Citron's Bush bashing), and I grew fatter and fatter on the political knowledge I gained.
These enlightenments were paired with the soulsearching that I underwent, which resulted in my decision that I am not as free and moral as one would think, but rather am very corrupt in that my views are very similar to AH's and that I do not trust human nature, and believe that certain measures must be taken in order to ensure the stability of our country. Upon recieving an invitation to study International Relations, Diplomacy, or National Security in Washington (DC, not the environmentally friendly one), I started actually thinking about a position in the government upon graduation (CIA me thinks). After telling Benson about my wonderful revelation, and hearing an instantaneous response that I would become a corrupted politician with power, he sent me to the trailer of the movie - The Good Shepherd. Instantly entranced (coming from the one who hates movies), the NYTimes Senate Races to watch became a constant site to watch and the furiously liberal site - www.asadodo.com (a similar blogger site, which prompted me to revive this) were places of interest.

My social life plays second seat (viola, not violin) to my future. Granted my social life is a bit difficult right now with my fury over volleyball, and my indecision of whether or not to doo indoor track this year (my previous entries about that might sway me over to the -punch yes to vote for..- side), in addition to the two guys in my life, as well as five friends, with the resurgence of my best friend, and people who have crept up from the ashes (from middle school and korea) to haunt (invite) my dreams (my life).

Link of the day (a new tradition, established now) - http://asadodo.blogspot.com/2006/09/last-possible-reason-for-war

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahoy matey!!
i have a feeling that this comment is going to be completely random and not even somewhat articulate. oh well. anyhow, good to see that you're back on blogger.
ah, the cynicism. i don't know whether that's due to junior year, or just to stuy in general. haha, i have a feeling i'd be a corrupt politician too. i'm not much of a history person, (nor math/science/anything), but my excellent goldfish memory does vaguely recall soemthing about a president getting shot in a duel. how wonderful: i can remember something like that, but polk's policies? pffft.

next time i'll try to sound like there's still a smidgen of gray matter left in this cranium. although that's probably not the case.