Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Because conservation efforts are as noteworthy as depression anxiety.

OMGOSH I'M SOOO SOOO PROUD OF US!
INDOOR BOROUGHS 'o6 AND WE SO KICKED BUTT!
AHHH PR PR IN 4 X 200 AND 4 X 400!
AND 5TH PLACE IN 4 X 400!

I was going to start out this post with a rant about seals. Yes, you heard me right. Seals. I was going to go all crazy about seals and how us humans finally rescued one and decided to stick this needle on it like some homing device in order to gain more information about their migration patterns, but yes. I'm done. But see, I have even changed my layout to seals, from Keita Tachibana. Though only Keita deserves the name -yummy- , seals = squeee! and therefore deserve to be my new layout.
But Indoor Boros! Oh my gee, we so did absolutely beautifully! So as a result, I must further continue to talk about this. Yes, Cindy, this is a jock entry, so don't shoot me. At least you'll know what I'm talking about rather than have to im me -whats a PR?- Haha, little asian smile heart Cindy. But wow! So I left with Nina, as usual, and we got to the armory around 11/12 ish. I had to get there early b'cause I was running the first event, and I'm extremely paranoid about missing the call for my event, not handing in my call, etc. Turns out, however, that Donna, who was going to be our first runner, did not show up and Brittany, our anchor, forgot that today was Boros. So we had Nina run for Donna, and switched the order around by bringing in J-ma. Nina PRed and J-ma did well (though I'm sure she could have done better). But I PRed too! Ack soo dang happy about that. I dropped my time by one second. Though that does not seem like much, but considering you only have about 30 of 'em, one second definitely counts. Then I waited there FOR ABOUT 10 HOURS for my next event, which unfortunately was the last event. Throughout that wait, me and Jane took random pictures of random things, cheered for the guys, tortured Wesley(though that was all me), had interviews (all Jane) and stopped the boys team from eating all of Natalie's cupcakes. But wow! What excellent times! My gosh! Our 4 x 800 team qualified for Cities by coming in first, and Natalie PRed! And our race walkers did so awesomely well (though the officials were totally biased)! But the main shock was the brilliance of Coach Mendes. Through him, the boys Indoor Team, in three events, won First, Second, Third, and Fourth place. Altogether, the team received 151 points, about 50 points more than the second place team. Wow. -have some composure, where is your posture?- So after forcing Wesley wait for me, then having his posse follow (I had to promise to tape 24 for him o.O stupid little brother =P) I finally ran the 4 x 400. Before it, I talked to Karol Zieba (who I had no idea was in fact who he was), and it just further got me nervous. All of us, excluding Donna probably were scared shitless. While waiting for the Manhatten Boys to finish their 4 x 400, I started talking randomly to some African American girl from AP Randolph. I think that's what I love most about track, talking randomly to people prior to the races. So I also PRed for the 400! Though it doesn't really mean much, being how I haven't competed in a 400 since last year's SophFrosh Outdoor Track meet. But hah! A 77 run is pretty damm good for me. But WOW BRITTANY! She came late, and ran the 4 x 400 with me, and ran a 69! Uwah I love that girl. -take me away-
Then Wesley, me, David, and some other kid who isn't important enough to warrant a name left on the A train at 11 o'clock that night. Since I wasn't really aware of where to go, Wesley suddenly popped up by saying that we should get off at 50th street. Turns out that Wesley DIDN'T know where he was going and in order to get to where we needed to go (Queens Bound) we'd have to get out of the station and cross the street, and pay again. Meanwhile, the station is completely empty and definitely a 'jumpin' territory. And then Wesley decides to corner a mouse underneath a garbage can. Gee, stupid little asian freshman. And this kid's my brother? Hah. Then he's gotta change his last name to CHANG, b'cause its such an awesomer name.
As soon as I receive pictures from Jane, I'll post them up. Meanwhile, entertain yourselves by staring at the pretty sparkles. -and at the end i want to be standing at the beginning with you-

5 comments:

Cindy said...

AWWWWWW!!!!! your layout is super super duper cute!! :] (wishing that i had your madd skillz =P) but that's because i'm biased toward fat squishy cuddly things :)
and so yes, new layout aside, i chugged along [at a rather slow pace, might i add, lol] through your entry. and i'm so proud of myself for actually understanding it! although i STILL don't know what PR stands for. >.> hahaha
*stares at glittery snowflake-things* heh heh

Cindy said...

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! i just turned on my speakers and what do i hear?! ayumi hamasaki aka mouse eyes aka mouse voice aka piggy squeal!! TT_______TT
lol sorry i'm just biased :P

Cindy said...

lol it's not like it's a bad song... just that my sister blasts it/her so frickin much that it's unbearable =D

Peppermint said...

Ugh Ayumi Hamasaki, lol. I used to be such a huge fan of hers. ><

Ah okay, what's a PR? :D

Congrats!!! I'm so, er, what's the word... um, admiring of you huys? Lol. I can't even run half a mile, even though I wanted to be on cross-country or outdoor track.

Cindy said...

*HUG* thanks catfish for your advice! it always makes me feel better! :]